As independent reviews have shown, our award winning MR1 Bluetooth speakers provide remarkable sound in multiple applications. Improved for 2017, MR1 Mk2 retains all the attributes of the original, but with a fresh new look and updates to sound and connectivity, they are now better than ever!
Like our other products, MR1 Mk2 features a Class A-B linear amplifier with a quality switch mode power supply. Linear amplifiers are used in the world’s best audio equipment and in our opinion offer superior performance when compared to new style digital amplifiers which sound artificial in comparison. This is just one reason why MR1 sounds so good.
a powerful performance
Our tweeter and bass units for MR1 have been designed specifically to ensure optimum performance from its compact dimensions, with both featuring powerful neodymium magnet systems. This type of magnet allows greater magnetic concentration, for better driver control, in a lightweight and fully shielded system.
be in control
MR1 Mk2 features a control system which like our other products is easy to use, allowing the source and volume to be quickly changed as required. In addition, source, volume and functions can also be operated from the comfort of your chair with the supplied compact remote control.
With auto-standby built in, MR1 will enter sleep mode after a short period of time if no signal is detected. This feature is particularly useful when using MR1 with your TV as they will automatically reactivate and sleep as required when the TV is turned on and off.
quality sound everywhere
MR1 Mk2 is capable of providing great sound all around your home. Ideal to use with a turntable or TV, but add our optional power pack (BackPack) and you can also enjoy them outdoors on a summers day. In addition, the master unit automatically switches to mono operation when the left stereo speaker is disconnected. As a single unit this makes MR1 extra portable and perfect for taking on holiday.
On the control unit are both an analogue and digital inputs allowing auxiliary devices to be easily connected. In particular, the digital optical input is ideal for connecting streaming devices such as Google Chromecast and it also provides the perfect connection point for most flat screen TV’s. MR1 also features a subwoofer output allowing an active subwoofer to be connected to provide extra dynamics and awesome movie sound.
Bluetooth at its best
Bluetooth’s ease of use has made it the foremost method for wireless audio streaming, working with virtually all devices and leading music applications such as Spotify, Apple Music and BBC iPlayer. MR1 Mk2 with its high quality aptX Bluetooth receiver allows you to enjoy this technology at its very best with CD quality sound.
a mini marvel
MR1 is a high fidelity speaker miniaturised and like larger high fidelity systems, its internal crossover plays a vital role in making it sound so good! Many compact speakers use a basic single component crossover for cost and ease of assemble, but for MR1 we’ve designed a multi component network using quality audio grade components throughout.
beautiful and enduring
MR1 Mk3 features an attractive fixed inset grille clad in a unique British milled fabric from Camira. This timeless and resilient material, was one of just a few that met our requirement for both its attractive contemporary look and excellent acoustic properties.
- Outstanding sound quality
- Hand crafted bass reflex tuned and damped enclosures
- Ruark Audio long throw 75mm woofer with powerful neodymium magnet system
- Ruark Audio 20mm treated textile dome tweeter with neodymium magnet system
- Built in Bluetooth with aptX for CD quality sound with compatible devices
- Linear Class A-B Amplifier, 20 watts nominal output
- Audio grade components throughout
- Compact remote control included
- Unique British milled grille fabric
- 2m quality braided speaker interconnect included
- Output for active subwoofer
- Digital optical input with adjustable attenuation
- Line-in audio input with switchable attenuation
- Auto Standby power saving function
- Pin-point LEDs show system status and source
- Compatible with BackPack battery pack
- Loudness function for improved sound at low levels
- Auto Mono operation (can also be used as a single unit)
- Available finishes: Rich Walnut veneer, Soft Grey lacquer
- Dimensions: H170 × W130 × D135mm each
- Weight: 3.5 Kg pair
|Expected Dispatch Time||On Back-Order (21+ Working Days)|