- The world’s first Dual-Diaphragm Mid-Focused Balanced Armature (BA) Driver from Knowles results in a more natural reproduction in the key mid-range area.
- Dual Balanced Armature drivers deliver extended and smoother high-frequency sounds
- Custom-designed dual dynamic drivers with a hybrid diaphragm focus on low-end and mid-range frequencies
- The first earphones to employ Campfire Audio’s new Radial Venting Technology for dynamic drivers to deliver more powerful bass and a larger soundstage.
- Boasts all-new ribbon design; Silver-Plated OFC copper Litz cables minimize signal distortion
- Features robust custom Beryllium Copper MMCX connectors for superior connection
Hybrid IEM redefined
Astell&Kern has teamed up with Campfire Audio, a U.S. designer and manufacturer of premium hand-built earphones, to introduce the PATHFINDER in-ear monitor (IEM). Following the successful SOLARIS X collaboration, the all-new jointly developed PATHFINDER takes hybrid IEM design to another level. These sophisticated earphones feature advanced Dual-Chamber Balanced Armature (BA) Driver technology to reach new heights in audio realism
World’s First Dual-Diaphragm Balanced Armature Driver
A radical new driver design was needed to achieve a wider frequency range, realistic reproduction, and a more balanced sound. At the heart of this innovative new driver assembly is the all-new Dual-Diaphragm Balance Armature Driver from Knowles. By employing a single-coil operating two individual diaphragms, the design is akin to the twin-cylinder engine – delivering more horsepower and smoother operation than one with a single, larger piston.
Dual-chamber driver design
Compared to a traditional BA model with a single, larger diaphragm, this all-new design incorporates two chambers, each housing its own diaphragm and drive rod actuated by a single coil. The result is a higher, more powerful output for its size than any other BA driver design while expressing a warmer and more natural mid-range in key areas of the music.
Balanced Armature with T.A.E.C. technology
Further custom-dual BA drivers focus on delivering clearer and more precise high-frequency reproduction. Benefitting from Campfire Audio’s patented Tuned Acoustic Expansion Chamber technology (T.A.E.C.) technology, this design optimizes the performance by adjusting the volume of space available in front of the driver and provides a direct passage from the driver to your ear. This clever design extends high frequencies without sibilance or fatigue, delivering unsurpassed clarity and a smooth top end.
Dynamic drivers with Radial Venting Technology
Delivery of the rich and visceral bass sounds, while bringing greater definition to the lower midrange, arrives courtesy of dual-custom dynamic 10mm drivers. Boasting hybrid diaphragms and housed in a Radial Venting Acoustic Chamber 3D printed acoustic chamber, this all-new design by Campfire Audio, creates a faster and more powerful low-frequency response without unnecessary pressure or bass bloat.
Silver-Plated Copper Litz Cable design
PATHFINDER comes with three different flavoured cables to cover all unbalanced and balanced headphones connections (2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm.) The all-new Silver-Plated Copper Litz Cable consists of four conductors arranged side by side, designed to provide the most transparent and extended sounds possible. The soft-touch molded jacket ensures both flexibility and durability, while a flat cable design that prevents tangling can be wound for easy storage and offers minimal cable distortion.
Premium design philosophies
The brushed stainless steel-hewn inlay on PATHFINDER combines the two design philosophies of each company. Astell&Kern’s ‘light and shadow’ recognisable motif is present and correct, while Campfire Audio’s connection with nature is represented by this six-sided ‘Mountain Peak’ contour. Precision engineered, this design motif displays the value of the premium craftsmanship and innovation that Campfire Audio and Astell&Kern are renowned.
- Model: PATHFINDER
- Transducer Type: [High] Custom Dual Balanced Armature Drivers + T.A.E.C. [Mid] All-New 'Dual Chamber' Balanced Armature Driver Technology from Knowles [Mid-Low to Sub-Bass] All-New Dual Custom 10mm Dynamic Drivers paired with Radial Venting Technology
- Cable: 2.5mm Silver-Plated Copper Cable, 3.5mm Silver-Plated Copper Cable, 4.4mm Silver-Plated Copper Cable
- Material / Design: Aluminum shell / Hand polished stainless steel threaded spout / Stainless steel Inlay and Parts
- Frequency Response: 5Hz-20kHz
- SPL: 94dB @ 1kHz 13.49mVrms
- Impedance: 6.2 Ohm @ 1kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 1%
Visit our showrooms
We know that there's nothing quite like seeing, hearing and feeling what a product is really like. Whether you're investigating a specific product or want to compare within a category, we can help.
Our experts teams will ensure that you have the best advice and products to choose from. Our Dublin Showroom is conveniently located with free parking. All with no obligation to buy.
What is a Phono Cartridge? In layman’s terms, a turntable works by dragging a small diamond through the grooves of your vinyl. The cartridge is a type of transducer, whose job is to turn the resulting vibrational energy into...
So you want music in the kitchen and the living room but don't know where to start? How to plan for a multiroom system; Speaker types (recessed, shelf/wall mount, soundbar); how many zones; type of use - high performance, background...