Astell&Kern SP2000T Music Player
The SP2000T combines the OP AMP configuration of our SP2000—the culmination of Astell&Kern's finest audio technology—with a nostalgic vacuum TUBE AMP, adding a vintage feel to the portable player.
- Triple Amp System takes portable music listening to a new acoustic level.
- Vacuum tube amplifier compatible with 2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm output jacks.
- Equipped with an ESS ES9068AS Quad-DAC for balanced and ultra-detailed sound.
- New TERATON ALPHA Sound Solution technology.
- Replay Gain function uniformly adjusts volume playback from sound sources up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi Support for improved wireless connection.
- Unique interior mechanical design to minimise internal resonances.
"T" in SP2000T
The "T" in SP2000T does not stand for a specific word, but rather encompasses design approaches and directions made during the product development process.
- True: The SP2000T inherits the SP2000's true-sound philosophy
- Triple: Triple amp system
- Timeless: Timeless value
- Tube: Vintage vaccum tube amplifier
Triple AMP System is the Next Generation of AMP Technology
The SP2000T exceeds the standard approach to AMP Mode selection, based on the type of music you are listening to.
Select between TUBE AMP mode, OP AMP mode or the brand new HYBRID AMP mode.
OP AMP mode puts Astell&Kern's AMP technology expertise to use, delivering extreme clarity and dynamic sound, while TUBE AMP mode provides a uniquely warm and musical sound.
HYBRID AMP mode - a first for digital audio players - enhances the resolution and clarity of the existing TUBE AMP mode to express more musical detail. HYBRID AMP mode combines the advantages of retro analog performance and high-resolution output, giving you the pleasure of a brand new tonal characteristic.
Experience the unique sound enhancements that AMP technology has to offer.
Vacuum Tube Amplifier Compatible with 2.5mm, 3.5mm & 4.4mm Output Jacks
The SP2000T supports all output types, with no restriction on the type of receiver used, so you can enjoy the unique characteristics of the vacuum tube.
Real Vacuum Tube
Equipped with the portable-friendly dual-triode KORG Nutube, for a unique TUBE AMP sound.
Nutube offers a reliable continuous playback time of approximately 30,000 hours.
It features an anode grid filament structure which operates the same as a triode vacuum tube.
It's much smaller, consumes far less power and yet delivers the same audio with rich overtones.
Hybrid AMP Mode
Hybrid amp mode, supported for the first time by a DAP, is the essence of Astell&Kern's advanced amp design technology.
New combinations of sounds can be enjoyed in HYBRID amp mode, which is based on the OP amp sound and addition of tasteful warm tones unique to TUBE amp technology.
The five options mixed and matched with optimal ratios of the OP AMP and TUBE AMP present users with a new perspective and choice for the perfect sound characteristic to suite their tastes.
Internal Mechanical Design to Minimize Noise
Special Design to Minimize Microphonic Noise: SP2000T features a special design tailored to minimize microphonics (the phenomenon wherein the vacuum tubes generate noise even from a small external impact). Multiple design iterations and verifications have been performed over a long period of time to fix the structural issues of vacuum tubes that generate microphonic noise even from a small impact or vibration.
For minimization of mechanical impact and vibration, both sides of the vacuum tube are fixed with flexible silicone covers, and the vacuum tube has been modularized so it is physically separate from the PCB. Astell&Kern goes to great lengths to innovate and design these small components that make a big difference in the quality and sound of our products that no other manufacturer can match.
Separation Using Magnetic Polarity: A structure that uses magnetic forces to float the amp in the air, thus minimizing noise from the vacuum tube itself, which is generated when it is exposed to mechanical impact or vibration.
Silver Plating Shield Can: Astell&Kern products apply shield cans so that noise and electromagnetic interference, which occur when the countless parts are in operation, do not affect the audio block. The SP2000T has taken it a step further by applying highly conductive, hyper-pure silver plating on the existing shield cans for perfect shielding that provides excellent audio performance.
Astell&Kern Audio Technology Forms the TERATON ALPHA Sound Solution
TERATON ALPHA is AK's ultimate Sound Solution to produce audio playback that is close to the original sound through the audio output interface by use of effective power noise removal, efficient power management and amplification with minimal distortion.
TERATON ALPHA features Astell&Kern's patented technologies, which are the result of tens of thousands of hours of continuous research and development to produce sound close to the original sound the artist and producer intended.
Adoption of Full HD Display for Improved Image Quality
The SP2000T features a full HD screen to provide a higher quality display.
Quad-DAC for Perfection of Superior Sound
The SP2000T is equipped with four ES9068AS DACs, this allows two DACs per channel for dedicated decoding. The SP2000T achieves a more detailed and balanced sound with great depth and spatial realism.
ReplayGain Automatically and Uniformly Adjusts Playback Volume
ReplayGain, which adjusts sound sources with different volumes to an identical level, has been applied. Now, enjoy your own playlists seamlessly through the ReplayGain feature on the SP2000T.
*ReplayGain supports up to 24-bit/192kHz sound sources.
Dual-Band WiFi (2.4/5 GHz)
Dual-Band Wi-Fi is supported for users who enjoy streaming services, providing enhanced network performance. With streaming music services becoming more popular, stronger and more reliable network reception becomes even more important for your audio experience.
The SP2000T supports Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4/5GHz, a/b/g/n/ac).
AK File Drop to Enjoy Wireless Transfers
The new AK File Drop function in the SP2000T makes file transfers easier and more convenient. Using AK File Drop, you can freely transfer files wireless through a PC, smartphone, or FTP program located on the same network. Music file management is now possible with a cableless, wireless solution.
Wireless Hi-Fi Sound Through BT Sync
The newly introduced BT Sync function connects the SP2000T to an external device via Bluetooth, similar to connecting a smartphone with a BT speaker. Music from an external device, such as a smartphone can now be played back in high-quality on the SP2000T using the BT Sync function. Real-Time Playback and AMP Mode Information Reflected by Light. Through the softly dispersing LED light, users are notified of the bit depth information of the song being played or the current AMP mode.
*LED light may be turned on or off in the user settings, and one can choose between the sound source information or AMP mode information displays.
- Body Color: Onyx Black
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Display: 5.0-inch touchscreen, FHD 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample rate: PCM : PCM: 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample), DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), DSD512(1bit, 22.4MHz) Stereo
- Output Level:P Unbalanced 3Vrms │ Balanced 6Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU: Quad-core
- DAC:ESS ES9068AS x4 (Quad-DAC)
- Vacuum Tube: KORG Nutube 6P1
- Decoding: Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit to Bit playback
- Input: USB Type-C input (for charging & PC & MAC)
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5mm), Optical Out (3.5mm), Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported / 4.4m, only 5-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- Bluetooth®: V5.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, LDAC)
- Dimensions: 3.07" (78.1mm)[W] x 5.55" (141.1mm)[H] x 0.68" (17.5mm)[D]
- Weight: about 10.89oz (309g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrade supported (OTA)
- Frequency Response: ±0.024dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.038dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced, ±0.027dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.052dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Balanced
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 121dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 123dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk: -137dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / -142dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- THD+N: 0.0003% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 0.0003% @ 1kHz, Balance
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1), Unbalanced / 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1), Balanced
- Output Impedance: Unbalanced Out 3.5mm (1ohm) / Balanced Out 2.5mm (1.5ohm), 4.4mm (1.5ohm)
- Clock Jitter: 25ps(Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter: 70ps
- Capacity: 4,200mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer
- Continuous Playback Time: About 9hours (Standard: FLAC, 16bit, 44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Vol.50, LCD Off, LED On, OP AMP Mode)
- Charge Time: About 3.5hours (9V / 1.67A Fast Charging) | 5hours (5V 2A General Charging)
- Built-in Memory: 256GB[NAND]
- External Memory: microSD (Max. 1TB) x1