- World's first use of Stainless Steel 904L for DAP body material
- World's first DAP with complete separation of digital and analog signal processing (Using latest Flagship DAC chip AKM4499EX from Asahi Kasei)
- Stunning Audio Performance with Independent Dual Audio Circuitry
- Equipped with High-Performance Qualcomm Snapdragon 6125 Octa-Core CPU
- New Experience in the Graphic User Interface
- Support for aptX™ HD and LDAC
Luxury Meets Innovation, SP3000
Astell&Kern has set the standard for perfect sound using the latest innovative technology with the A&ultima series. The A&ultima SP3000 is the newest flagship product that is the essence of everything learned and engineered over the last 10+ years of digital music processing.
A&ultima SP3000 is the world's first DAP with independent Dual Audio Circuitry and the latest DAC with HEXA-Audio Circuitry structure, as well as uses all audio technologies and the best materials that lets you feel the overwhelming impact of sound and music.
Immerse Into Perfect Harmony - SP3000 Copper Limited Edition
A&ultima SP3000 incorporates Astell&Kern’s belief in creating the best sound from material to design. The SP3000 Copper is a limited edition model that reaffirms Astell&Kern’s philosophy of exceptional sound to the very last detail.
Copper material is regarded as the most musical expression of the original sound of the instrument due to its excellent electrical conductivity and shielding properties. Due to the complicated manufacturing processes required to prevent oxidation and contamination it is very difficult raw material to work with and use for the production of our players. Astell&Kern uses a stringently selected copper material of 99.98% purity or higher to produce the best SP3000 Copper.
To achieve the goal of the A&ultima series, which is 'to provide the best value that no one can imitate while using the most innovative and uncompromising design and craftsmanship', the SP3000 uses 904L stainless steel material that has never been attempted before in a portable audio player. Using this material has expanded its value from just a digital device to the realm of a luxury good.
904L stainless steel is harder and more difficult to process than general stainless steel requiring significantly more time and effort.
In order to develop the ultimate audio player that has never been experienced before, not only do we use the latest DAC and technology available, but we use the innovative audio technology of TERATON ALPHA, AK's Ultimate Sound Solution, which has been refined for the SP3000.
The HEXA-Audio Circuitry structure and independent dual audio circuit, implemented for the first time in the SP3000, are paired together with TERATON ALPHA's sound solution to create the purest original sound.
AKM's Falgship DAC
The SP3000 is a flagship product with the latest technology and uncompromising design. Astell&Kern worked with AKM from the initial development stage to develop the DAC and circuit structure.
As a result of the collaboration, the world's first four AK4499EX DACs, AKM's latest flagship, were applied to the SP3000, and the innovative HEXA-Audio Circuitry structure design in which two AK4191EQs that process digital signals are applied separately, complete the amazing sound that can only be found from Astell&Kern.
Dual Audio Circuitry
In order to create a truly innovative DAP, not just a great DAP, we tried to overcome the limitations of sound by envisioning an independent dual audio circuit that has never been attempted by anyone with a HEXA-Audio Circuitry structure with unbalanced and balanced outputs.
Latest Snapdragon Octa-core CPU
A&ultima SP3000 is equipped with a Snapdragon 6125 Octa-core processor, so you can enjoy the overwhelming sound, faster system response and a redesigned new generation user interface that moves comfortably and smoothly.
The CPU, memory and wireless communication parts are configured as one module, with the digital circuit parts arranged in the same area creating a single system on a chip (SoC). This maximizes the efficiency of the overall circuit configuration by providing more audio-only circuit space as well as reducing heat and noise from digital circuits.
With the SP3000, you can have fun creating your own sound style by selecting various DAC filters provided by the DAC manufacturer. Design your own sound with 6 different DAC filters.
Speaker Effect When Listening Through Headphones
In a headphone environment in which the left and right channels are clearly separated, ear fatigue may increase during prolonged listening. The moment you turn on Crossfeed, the experience of crisp, but comfortable sound begins.
Real-Time Information Confirmed by Light
The SP3000 features a LED volume wheel which displays various playback information, including volume level and bit-rate of the track currently playing.
AK File Drop to Enjoy Wireless Transfers
The new AK File Drop function in the SP3000 makes file transfers easier and more convenient. Using AK File Drop, you can freely transfer files wirelessly through a PC, smartphone or FTP program located on the same network. Music file management is now possible with a cableless, wireless solution.
Fast Charging Supported
The SP3000 supports Qualcomm QC 3.0 fast charging, so you can charge your DAP faster and more efficiently than previous models, reaching a full charge in about 3.5 hours.
Wireless Hi-Fi Sound Through BT Sink
BT Sink function connects the SP3000 to an external device via Bluetooth, similar to connecting a smartphone with a BT speaker. Music from an external device, such as a smartphone can now be played back in high-quality on the SP3000 using the BT Sink function.
Supports Native DSD512, 32bit/768kHz
The SP3000 supports Native DSD512 and up to 32bit/768kHz with Astell&Kern's excellent audio technology, allowing you to fully enjoy your favorite music.
Roon ARC App Support
The Roon ARC application released with "Roon 2.0" by Roon Labs, is a completely new app designed from the ground up to give you all of your music, everywhere you go. Enjoy this powerful feature on the A&ultima SP3000.
- Body Material: Black, Silver: Stainless Steel 904L, Copper: Copper
- Display: Full HD 5.46-inch 1080 x 1920 Touch display
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- Sample Rate: PCM: 8kHz ~ 768kHz (8/16/24/32-bits per Sample), DSD Native: DSD64 (1-bit, 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1-bit, 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256 (1-bit, 11.2MHz), Stereo / DSD512 (1-bit, 22.4MHz), Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalanced 3.3Vrms / Balanced 6.3Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU: Octa-Core
- DAC: AKM AK4191 x2 (Dual Modulator) & AK4499EX x4 (Dual + Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32-bit / 768kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- Input: USB Type-C input (for charging, PC & MAC)
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5mm) / Optical Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported / 4.4mm, only 5-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- Bluetooth: V5.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, LDAC)
- Dimensions : 3.24” (82.4mm) [W] x 5.48” (139.4mm) [H] x 0.72” (18.3mm) [D]
- Weight: Black, Silver: About 17.39oz (493g), Copper: About 17.81oz (505g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrade supported (OTA: Over-The-Air)
- Frequency Response: Condition 20Hz~20kHz: ±0.017dB Unbalanced / ±0.021dB Balanced, Condition 20Hz~70kHz: ±0.022dB Unbalanced / ±0.031dB Balanced
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 126dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 130dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk: -136dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / -145dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- THD+N: 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 0.0004% @ 1kHz, Balanced
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0007%, 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Unbalanced / Balanced
- Output Impedance: 3.5mm (0.7ohm), 2.5mm (1.7ohm), 4.4mm (1.6ohm)
- Clock Jitter: 25ps (Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter: 200 Femto Seconds
- Capacity: 5,050mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer Battery
- Playback Time: About 10 hours (Standard: FLAC, 16-bit/44.1kHz, Vol. 80, LCD off)
- Charge Time: About 3.5 hours (QC 3.0 Charging)
- Built-In Memory: 256GB [NAND]
- External Memory: microSD (Max. 1TB) x 1
- Supported OS: Windows 10, 11 (32/64 bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up
Visit our showrooms
We know that there's nothing quite like seeing, hearing and feeling what a product is really like. Whether you're investigating a specific product or want to compare within a category, we can help.
Our experts teams will ensure that you have the best advice and products to choose from. Our Dublin Showroom is conveniently located with free parking. All with no obligation to buy.
What is a Phono Cartridge? In layman’s terms, a turntable works by dragging a small diamond through the grooves of your vinyl. The cartridge is a type of transducer, whose job is to turn the resulting vibrational energy into...
So you want music in the kitchen and the living room but don't know where to start? How to plan for a multiroom system; Speaker types (recessed, shelf/wall mount, soundbar); how many zones; type of use - high performance, background...